Increasing the chemicals’ efficiency AND the operators’ comfort
BERTHOUD has always followed her customers’ evolution. Today, a sprayer must meet certain standards:
- High operating speed and output,
- Spray with optimum quality for maximum efficiency,
- Limit impact on environment,
- More comfort for the operators
As a specialist, our mission is to meet all these requirements.
That’s why BERTHOUD offers now a solution for the automatic spray height control. The ultrasonic sensors mounted on the boom, connected to an in-cab control panel allow to:
- Free the operator from making constant boom adjustments
- Spray with optimum quality and reduce drift as the boom can work with a smaller spray height
- Increase the number of hectares sprayed as the sprayer can be used with higher operating speeds.
BOOM CONTROL is available in two versions, SLANT and TOTAL CONTROL
- SLANT CONTROL automatically maintains a preset height and slant for spraying flat or slightly sloping fields.
- TOTAL CONTROL controls height, slant and/or variable geometry for operating in uneven ground conditions, slopes, also with large boom widths.
A great asset to the BOOM CONTROL kit is that it is set to read the boom height from the soil surface or from the top of the crop. The « soil mode » is used for spraying bare soil or low crops. The « crop mode » is used when the crops stand higher and completely cover the ground.
Today, BOOM CONTROL is the sole system on the market allowing optimum ground contour following with 30 km/h operating speed. This system can be retrofitted.