Direct injection: spray differently
The principle of direct injection is simple. The sprayer is filled, separating clean water and plant protection products. The mixing of
the two solutions takes place directly within the spray circuit.
The direct injection system developed by BERTHOUD - “CLEAN SPRAYER” - was presented at SIMA 2013 and was awarded a “special mention” at the awards ceremony for the 2013 SIMA Innovation Awards. A principle that has been around for over 20 years, direct injection has many advantages, namely:
- stopping treatment even if the tank is not yet empty,
- the option to easily change products from plot to plot,
- possible recovery of plant protection products not yet sprayed,
- residual liquid removal,
- dose adjustment during treatment without adjusting the water,
- non-existent pollution risks during filling (from tank overflow or contamination of the drinking water system).
BERTHOUD has developed the following features:
- a container holder with an adaptable cap which makes it possible to use standard containers and does not require a buffer tank to prepare the stock solution.
- dosing piston pumps which allow intake of the unmixed product from the container with very wide working ranges: from 9 ml to 4 L/ha.
- a cyclone mixer (BERTHOUD patent) combined with a short injection circuit which helps to create a consistent spray mixture during spraying and to continuously prepare the spray mixture.
- an initial concentration to start the application with concentrated spray mixture. It offers the farmer the possibility of using 3 products simultaneously or offset without needing to leave the cockpit.
The BERTHOUD direct injection system can be adapted to sprayers with standard DPAE regulation and allows users to work with or without the injection system.
This device is currently being tested by our partner farmers and is not available for sale.